|Dinner At Eight|
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||30 September 1993|
|Written by||Chuck Ranberg & Anne Flett-Giordano|
|Directed by||James Burrows|
I Hate Frasier Crane
Cast and charactersEdit
- Kelsey Grammer – Dr. Frasier Crane
- David Hyde Pierce – Dr. Niles Crane
- John Mahoney – Martin Crane
- Jane Leeves – Daphne Moon
- Peri Gilpin – Roz Doyle
- Eve Brent - Timber Mill Hostess
- Laurie Walton - Timber Mill Waitress
- Patti LuPone - Pam (voice)
Niles visits Frasier's apartment, leading to Niles' first encounter with Daphne Moon. The brothers discuss their significant differences of taste from their father, and decide to treat their father to a fancy French restaurant called Le Cigare Volant in an attempt to improve his sense of style.
Unfortunately, the restaurant loses their reservation, and the three characters visit a steakhouse at Martin's suggestion. The wait staff immediately cuts Frasier's and Niles' ties upon their arrival, claiming a reversed "dress code." Frasier and Niles complain continuously about the style of food, and Martin grows so frustrated that he leaves. In an attempt to show respect for their father, Frasier and Niles spend the rest of the night trying to finish their meals.
- Although Le Cigare Volant is a fictional restaurant, it is the name of a wine that is made in California.
- After correctly guessing Daphne's Manchester accent, Niles tells Daphne that he is an anglophile.